Phone: (267) 538-0700 Email:

Historic Renovation

Valley Forge National Historic Park, PA

Stirling’s Quarters Renovation

private residence of Army Major General William Alexander

The 18th century masonry farmhouse was the private residence of Continental Army Major General William Alexander, Earl of Stirling. Lord Stirling used this house during the winter of 1777-1778 when the Continental Army camped at Valley Forge, PA before the arrival of Baron von Steuben who aided General Washington in retraining the Continental Army in the spring of 1778. Perryman Building used stucco to blend the original historic structure (finished with exposed field stone and ridge pointing) with newer additions. Hard cement stucco was removed and a lime rich stucco mix was applied to the walls with a lime wash façade.

Valley Forge National Historic Park, PA

Maurice Stephen’s House Renovation

private residence and farm of Pennsylvanian Maurice Stephens

Perryman Building provided general construction to rehabilitate and remedy the historic building. The 19th century farmhouse was the private residence and farm of Pennsylvanian Maurice Stephens. The house is a contributing structure to the Valley Forge NHP’s National Register Nomination and an example of the rural architectural style popular at its erection in 1816. The site also held the cottage of major General Jedediah Huntington during the 1777-1778 winter encampment at Valley Forge, PA.

Valley Forge National Historic Park, PA

Train Station Canopies

Reading Railroad Company

The Valley Forge Train Station, completed in 1911 by the Reading Railroad Company, is an important historical landmark in the national park recalling a time when train was the most common and most popular form of travel. Perryman Building renovated an extensive set of columns as well as the canopy they support. A ramp was installed allowing access for the handicapped.

Camden, NJ

LEAP Academy STEM Campus

the historic Cheney Mansion

This state-of-the-art campus for the LEAP Academy charter school system in Camden, NJ will continue the improvements made by Camden’s education renaissance. The façade of the STEM campus is the historic Cheney Mansion, designed by Arthur Truscott and built in 1892. Cheney Mansion is located on historic Cooper Street, the oldest street in Camden and named for the city’s founding family. Keeping the historical exterior, while building a 49,400 sq. ft. modern educational campus around it, provides a refreshing, new addition to the Camden community.

Valley Forge National Historic Park, PA

Saint Joseph’s University Bellermine Hall

8,600 square foot historical building

Perryman Building provided structural stabilization of Knox Quarter; a 8,600 square foot historical building in Valley Forge National Historical Park. Work included structural stabilization of the main wood beams to preserve the historical integrity of the house including the protection of existing finishes, removal of existing floors and plaster ceilings to access the beams from above.